background

Saturday, January 30, 2016

PASTA SALAD

I love salads and these pasta salads are my favourite for it's simplicity and taste. These salads are kept on all the buffets these days! As usual, I wanted to re-create that at home just by tasting and without finding out what actually goes in. I usually do such experiments at home, sometimes, it's a hit and at times it's a miss. Don't worry! I share only the hit ones here.

Here's my recipe for the pasta salad, try it out and I'm sure you'll love it. It's a cold salad, so chill it before you serve. Also, do add your favourite seasoning or veggies to it if you prefer.

INGREDIENTS

Pasta - 100 gms (I've used Penne)
Fresh cream - 1 tbsp
Eggless Mayonnaise - 1 tbsp
Cherry Tomatoes - 5
Fresh Basil - 3 leaves
Celery - 1 tbsp finely chopped
Freshly ground black pepper - a pinch 
Salt

METHOD

Boil pasta with enough water and salt. Add a drop of oil to prevent from sticking together. Make sure you don't over cook them. Once done, run under cool water. Add all the ingredients except cherry tomato and give a good mix. Finally add the cherry tomatoes and give a light mix. Chill and serve!



Note
If you don't have cherry tomatoes, then use 1/4 tsp tomato sauce to give a tangy and sweet taste. Use not more than 1/4 tsp otherwise it'll alter the whole taste. 













No comments :

Post a Comment