background

Saturday, December 27, 2014

CHAPATHI AND BELL PEPPER STIR FRY

Usually, when I have left over chapathis's at home, I make kothu parota or make rolls with a filling or simply eat it with any left-over gravy. This time I wanted to make something different and also make use of the lovely and fresh bell peppers I bought. My kitchen is open to all kinds of culinary experiments and so I tried to cook something interesting with chapathi and bell peppers. It was a hit!

When I gave some to my parents, they asked me what it was. Since naming my dish dint really occur to me, I just called it - Chapathi & Bell peppers Stir Fry. Name it however you want but try this out and I'm sure you'll like it. 


INGREDIENTS

Chapathi/roti - 4 torn into pieces
Onion - 1  
Bell peppers - 2 (one of each yellow and red)
Cumin Pwd - 1/2 tsp
Chili Garlic sauce - 1 tbsp
Soya Sauce - 1 tbsp
Salt 


METHOD

  • Chop the onions and the bell peppers roughly

  • Heat oil in a Kadai and add the chopped onions and bell peppers. Cook in high heat for 3- 4 mins. Add the cumin pwd and mix well. 


  • Add the chapathi pieces, soya sauce and Chili garlic sauce. Give it a nice stir and switch off the heat. 

The picture above may not be very appealing but it definitely tastes nice. The slight crunchiness of the bell peppers and the mix of cumin pwd with the sauces gives it a different taste. 

No comments :

Post a Comment