background

Saturday, July 25, 2015

STRAWBERRY MILK SHAKE WITH SABJA SEEDS/BASIL SEEDS

Sabja seeds/black tulasi seeds/basil seeds has a cooling property and a must have during summer. Apart from cooling the body it also helps in metabolism and cutting the cholesterol level in our body. In India it is used in preparing Faloodas (a cold beverage made with milk, rose syrup, fruits, basil seeds and vermicelli). These tiny seeds are rich in anti oxidants, omega-3, minerals and fibre. It reduces food cravings, lowers blood pressure.

At home I add these to lemon juice or simply mix 2 tsp in a glass of water and consume. Here, I've added it to strawberry milkshake.


INGREDIENTS

Strawberry - 7
Milk - 1/2 cup
Water - 1/2 cup 
Chia seeds - 1 tsp
Sugar as required

METHOD

Wash and chop the strawberries into halves and puree it in a mixer with water and sugar. Then add milk and check for sugar. Pour it in a glass and add chia seeds, give it a light stir. Its ready to have!!


2 comments :

  1. Hi this s sabja seeds or chia seeds??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used sabja seeds and hey thanks for that question! It made me research more about it. I was under the impression that they were same, but they're not apparently. I've made the necessary changes on my blog post too.

      Delete